Thursday, May 19, 2016

First Tracks AT

On Monday May 16, I left Michigan for North Carolina.  I had 3 days to get to Savannah to pick Barb, Chris (Painter) and Gramma Davies up at the airport.  This would be the weekend for the Savannah College of Art and Design Fashion Show.    Half way down the highway (NC destination for today), Sydney called and conferenced in Barb and I to make the announcement.  She was in! In the show! Yep, didn't even know for sure she would be in, but she made it. Great news-I could continue my travel.  

Slept in the car Monday then drove into Hot Springs, NC.  A real Appalachian Trail trail town.  Little did I know that it is basically the first one encountered for a North Bounder (NOBO) coming out of Ga.  I spent a little time at the bar in town and listened to the hiker stories. I then strapped on my pack and walked North-opposite of our intended direction in June.  A fantastic hike along the French Broad River then 1,500 ft straight up the side of the mountain.  This made for a nice 7-8 mile shakedown hike.  



No comments:

Post a Comment